Shamrock Veterinary Clinic is equipped to deal with a variety of internal diseases of our pets.
We offer in-house diagnostics:
- Digital radiography
- Digital ultrasound
- If necessary, we use telemedicine to access various specialists for second opinions.
- Blood and urine testing, with specialized testing for blood clotting, various infectious diseases, antifreeze poisoning, and pancreatitis.
- Our in-house ECG monitor lets us detect heart rhythm abnormalities and gives us immediate access for interpretation by a cardiology specialist if needed.
We are able to diagnose and treat many internal diseases:
- Kidney, liver, and heart disease
- Gastrointestinal conditions, e.g. pancreatitis and inflammatory bowel disease
- Hormonal illnesses such as diabetes, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, Cushing's and Addison's disease
- Muskuloskeletal and neurological conditions such as disc prolapse, seizures, etc.
- Immune-mediated diseases e.g. hemolytic anemia, rheumatoid arthritis and others
- Urogenital disease such as bladder infections, pyometra etc.
- Neoplasia (cancers): We can treat certain cancers (chemotherapy) in-house while for others we recommend referral to a specialist if so desired.